Has anyone ever read the PPS people should not take vitamin c or Iron, that it could make one worse?  I read that on a website and thought I'd ask. I have noticed after taking a multi-vitamin (and my multi has both those) that I experience more pain, anyone else ever notice that?  So I'm going to experiment and not take anything for a week and see if there is a difference.

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMO, PPSers should probably get more iron (though, as always, beware of iron overdose when taking irons supplements).

PPSers are susceptible to low-level rhabdomyolysis, and that causes the body to lose iron.

Low iron (ferritin) is a known cause of restless leg syndrome, BTW.

I have not read this. I never take a multi-vitamin because I need to regulate each vitamin differently. also, most multi-vitamins are mass produced without strict guidelines and use many products that are fillers that can be detrimental to PPS suffers. I only use high grade vitamins that are vegetarian made without gluten. I only take vitamins 1-2 times a week except for omega 3, 1000, which I take every day for inflammation. I take chelated manganese every night for muscle twitch. I can't take calcium because I have too much in my system, which will cause kidney stones. Make sure that the food you are eating is not adding vitamins too. I believe it is an overdose of vitamins that causes the problems not the actual vitamin. Ricki

I have had a running problem with kidney stones, very possibly caused in part by the high doses of vitamin D I was taking, on advice of docs.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Spread the word about PolioToday.org

Post a flyer: You can let others know about PolioToday.org by downloading this flyer and posting it on a local bulletin board and/or bringing it to your local PPS support group.

Invite your friends: You can easily send out email invitations to join PolioToday.org

© 2017   Created by Salk Institute.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service