HI TO ALL AT POLIO TODAY.ORG

JUST A SHORT MESSAGE TO YOU ALL.

TWICE NOW I HAVE BEEN SENT "SCAM MAIL" VIA MY EMAIL SITE ( NOT FACEBOOK ) THIS ALL SEEMS TO COMING FROM AFRICA, BUT NOT SURE ABOUT THIS!  WHOM IS BEHIND ALL THIS ARE USING THESE YOUNG WOMEN TO GAIN CONTACT WITH MEMBERS FROM POLIO TODAY'S SITE. I HAVE HAD SCAM MAIL SENT TO MYSELF TWICE NOW OVER A FEW MONTHS. AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE THEY ARE USING MEMBERS IMAGES AND NAMES FROM POLIO TODAY.ORG. 

I AM POSTING THIS TO POLIO TODAY WITH EMAIL ATTACHMENT TO MAKE OTHERS AT POLIO TODAY BECOME AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE PERSONALLY DONE SOME INVESTIGATION INTO THIS SCAM SITE AND ALL MAIL SENT FROM THIS SITE READS MUCH THE SAME IN ALL THE MAIL THEY SEND OUT. 

CHECK OUT ( GOOGLE SEARCH ) DION CHRIST RUBBER PLANTATIONS !!!!!!

TAKE CARE EVERYONE AND REGARDS FROM ALLEN GIBB OF AUSTRALIA.

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Allen.......so have I.  Be careful people on what you open.

I've gotten a flood of spam since about Wednesday.  I think something changed somewhere in some of the spam filters, and more of it's getting through.  (I checked with some experts and they say the total amount of spam is about "normal", just more of gets through to some people.)

Keep in mind that easily 90% of the spam sent your way is filtered out before you even see it.  The spammers play a game with the spam filter guys to invent new ways to sneak through.

THANK FOR YOU COMMENTS DAN. THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM TO ME, I JUST WANTED TO POST/FORWARD THIS ONTO POLIO SURVIVORS & OTHERS. THE SCAM IMAGES I HAVE BEEN SENT DO LINK INTO POLIOTODAY.ORG --- THESE YOUNG WOMEN (SUPPOSE TO BE) ARE FROM THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES & POSE AS POLIO VICTIMS ( THIS IS HOW THEY ANNOUNCE THEMSELVES )?  ON CHECKING I FOUND THEY DID HAVE THEIR IMAGES ON POLIOTODAY'S MEMBERS SITE. ONE OF THESE YOUNG WOMEN AFTER I CHECKED WAS A MEMBER, AND AFTER MY QUESTIONING DISAPPEARED FROM POLIOTODAYS SITE ?????

JUST WONDERING HOW THEY COULD BECOME MEMBERS?   

Anyone can join up.  You see a number of sites where scammers will join up and then attempt to post spam.  In more than a few cases the scam has been (supposedly) young women who want to be your "friend". 

A bit more sinister, for us, is those who claim to have polio and need money "to come to the US for treatment".  Sometimes they claim to be acting in behalf of a child.  You'll send the money they say they need and then there's some (supposed) bureaucratic snafu and they need even more money for bribes or whatever.

Its true most of such mails come from Africa but as you all know most people in developing countries are desperate and can do anything to survive because of poverty.Polio survivours are even worse off,with no education and better health facilities.so non polio people pretend in order to get favours.you have to be carefull,I have personally witnessed it here in Uganda where normal people sit in wheelchairs or use crutches and beg on streets.

Spamming has become so prevalent that it almost seems unstoppable.  The spamming scum have ways to "farm" email addresses from the system.  Some of them apparently create mailing lists that they sell to other spammers.  It is very annoying, but, it takes too much effort to try to report, or track down all the scum who spam.  I have email via my own domain which I registered through GoDaddy.  The GoDaddy email system has a method of enabling you to "flag" messages from spammers for automatic purging.  It seems to work, but, it also seems that somehow some of the spammers have gotten around it.

I receive much spam advertising legitimate products or services.  The companies selling these products have not "directly" authorized the spam.  They have, however,  facilitated spam by signing up unethical scum for their affiliate programs.  The affiliates are paid a commission for each inquiry, or sale, that the affiliate produces.  If we take the trouble to report the affiliate their account would be terminated.  But, as I said, it's a lot of trouble to report them.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Spread the word about PolioToday.org

Post a flyer: You can let others know about PolioToday.org by downloading this flyer and posting it on a local bulletin board and/or bringing it to your local PPS support group.

Invite your friends: You can easily send out email invitations to join PolioToday.org

© 2018   Created by Salk Institute.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service