So, is there anyone else out there who finds that having a good home-brew or micro-brew (unpasteurized so all the healthy yeasts and B vitamins are active and beneficial) to be a great muscle relaxant? I have no problem with alcohol and one beer is all it takes to relax my tired muscles so that I sleep better and awake feeling more rested than when I did not have a beer. I had polio as an infant. I was born in 1951 in China. My family came to America in 1954. PPS started when I was still working. I was using a cane since 1971 but "graduated" to forearm crutches in 2008. I went on disability in 2012. I am in good health apart from the PPS.

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I was having severe muscle spasms in my hip awhile back, plus recovering from shoulder surgery which produced it's own spasms, I made a couple of attempts at using wine to quiet them.  So far as I could tell, the wine did no good (though it seemed to do no harm either).

These were fairly severe spasms, though.

Wine gives me headaches and I never felt as relaxed as when I drink a home-brew or micro-brew. Anyway, I hope you are doing well now.

I'll add that something that seemed to help a little was chamomile tea.  It was by no means a panacea, but it seemed to take the edge off the spasms a bit and make it a little easier to relax.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Spread the word about PolioToday.org

Post a flyer: You can let others know about PolioToday.org by downloading this flyer and posting it on a local bulletin board and/or bringing it to your local PPS support group.

Invite your friends: You can easily send out email invitations to join PolioToday.org

© 2017   Created by Salk Institute.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service