Hello fellow survivors.  In my 38 years, I have yet to meet a survivor close to my age group.  Are you out there?  I'd like to chat with you.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, you're going to find very few that age in the US, since polio vaccination has been fairly universal in the US for well over 50 years now.  Likewise for most of Europe, including Russia.  To find any significant number of post-polio folks in their 30s and 40s you'd have to be dealing with folks from Asia, Africa, or possibly South America.

Dear HF, I don't visit this site very often and I was surprised to see your message. I am 39 and you are right there are not very many of us, which of course is a good thing. Amy

Very true, Dan when it comes to the younger survivors.  Although polio has been eradicated in industrialized countries, others are (still) not as fortunate.  Sadly the language and geographical barriers will prevent me from contacting those individuals.  Another group of which I may have luck in finding are adoptees and former refugees from those parts of the world you mentioned.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  So far, it appears I've caught the attention of Amy from this site.  Amy, please PM me!  Others, please chime in!

hi HF, thank you for the friend request. I am 45 yrs old and yes, I am a polio survivor. I got polio at 2mths of age. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, I would love to get to know you and share our life experiences.

Susan

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Spread the word about PolioToday.org

Post a flyer: You can let others know about PolioToday.org by downloading this flyer and posting it on a local bulletin board and/or bringing it to your local PPS support group.

Invite your friends: You can easily send out email invitations to join PolioToday.org

© 2018   Created by Salk Institute.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service