Symptoms (27)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Post Polio and Liver function

Does anyone know of a connection between Polio and liver function?  I have no appararent reason for elevated liver enzymes but the doctors…

Started by Mary Wadleigh Harrison

14 May 13, 2011
Reply by Dan Hicks

Edema in the legs and feet

I started having problems the first part of 2009 with swelling in my legs and feet where I couldn't get my shoes on. My doctor finally foun…

Started by Paula Lambert

7 Aug 27, 2010
Reply by Welton John Fiedler, Jr.

Effects of cholesterol medicine with PPS

It seems which ever cholesterol lowering drug I take I have muscle weakness and pain.  Has anyone found a medication that does not effect t…

Started by Donna Baltakis

13 Jul 17, 2010
Reply by Dan Hicks

Question to all

I never wore braces after polio. But I had therapy and had to wear the special shoes with high tops, etc.   I have other illesses, Chronic…

Started by Marty

9 Jun 2, 2010
Reply by Marty

PPS fatigue

I'm interested in peoples comments on fatigue. I read a few days ago about Central Nervous System Fatigue and PPS, and it just matched so m…

Started by Stella Newall

26 Jan 10, 2010
Reply by Shari Fiksdal

Cold Feet

I constantly have to deal with cold feet, even in the summer. Starting in the fall, I wear ToastieToes feet warmers, which are pads that st…

Started by Jane Knox

13 Nov 24, 2009
Reply by Sue S.

Emotional Stress and PPS

Dr. Perlman raises an interesting point in her PolioToday video titled "What are the psychological factors associated with PPS?" If you hav…

Started by Mauricio

6 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Paula Lambert

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Spread the word about PolioToday.org

Post a flyer: You can let others know about PolioToday.org by downloading this flyer and posting it on a local bulletin board and/or bringing it to your local PPS support group.

Invite your friends: You can easily send out email invitations to join PolioToday.org

© 2017   Created by Salk Institute.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service