Connecting (251)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Explore Salk

April 12 marks the 60th anniversary of the discovery of the polio vaccine and on  April 11 the Salk Institute invites you to share Jonas Sa…

Started by Salk Institute

0 Apr 9, 2015

Knee surgery on "good" leg--yes or no?

I am looking for support in my decision to have TKR on my good leg. How are those of you who have had this surgery doing now? Are you glad…

Started by Linda Wincenc Dobkin

9 Mar 22, 2015
Reply by Susan Polivka

The Salk Vaccine - a question -

We have an interesting question from a member of our group.  His mother told him he got polio (in 1955) after having the vaccine in a sugar…

Started by Carol Ferguson

4 Feb 26, 2015
Reply by Dan Hicks

Received Disability

I have received by award letter after one attempt and no professional assistance. My suggestions are answer all questions honestly and comp…

Started by Carolyn Mitchell

1 Jan 10, 2015
Reply by JAMES E DAVIS JR

Fatigue and Shakes

I seem to be having some different weakness on my strong side.  Since my knee replacement last year (on my strong side), I have less energy…

Started by Barbara Angelica Crowe

12 Dec 20, 2014
Reply by shari Johnston

Colorado "mystery illness"

Anyone been following this?  ( http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/03/health/colorado-partial-paralysis/index.html?hpt=hp_t4 ) 11 kids in Colorado h…

Started by Dan Hicks

4 Nov 15, 2014
Reply by Dan Hicks

Take part in a Polio Genomics Study

Hi everyone, I was contacted by Mark Loeb from McMaster University.  He is conducting a study to find out whether there was a genetic susce…

1 Oct 9, 2014
Reply by Thomas Maske

Hinged knee replacement

I'm wondering if anyone has had a total knee replacement on affected polio leg.....I had a total knee replacement which is failing do to th…

Started by Susan Polivka

13 Oct 5, 2014
Reply by Susan Polivka

Latest Issue of InsideSalk

The feature story in the latest issue of our magazine, InsideSalk honors the legacy of Jonas Salk.  We will be  Please join our celebration…

0 Sep 8, 2014

Breathing pressure

I feel pressured and little pain and sore on my chest area and the same area on the back.  I feel like there something there making my brea…

Started by Amy Wu

1 Aug 30, 2014
Reply by Dan Hicks

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Spread the word about PolioToday.org

Post a flyer: You can let others know about PolioToday.org by downloading this flyer and posting it on a local bulletin board and/or bringing it to your local PPS support group.

Invite your friends: You can easily send out email invitations to join PolioToday.org

© 2017   Created by Salk Institute.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service